Geotechnical and geological site investigation
Valentis was appointed as a sub-consultant on behalf of Norconsult to undertake a turnkey geotechnical and geological site investigation for the Bawgata Lower Hydropower Project in March 2019.
This work program included diamond core drilling, in-situ rock permeability testing, test pit excavation for construction materials resources, geological mapping, a geophysical seismic survey and geotechnical laboratory testing services.
Bago Region, Myanmar
- All geological, drilling, geotechnical and geophysical information was incorporated into a detailed Feasibility Study report to assist the future construction at Bawgata Hydropower Project.
- Detailed geotechnical soil/rock logging at the Dam, Powerhouse & Tunnel alignment area such as RQD, TCR, SCR, Fracture Index, and Weathering Grade.
- Packer Testing to define rock permeability.
- Detailed geological mapping to investigate potential rock quarry and borrow sites for construction material.
- A geophysical (seismic refraction) survey was undertaken at the proposed intake, adit/surge tunnel, penstock and powerhouse sites.